• Initiate and explore new opportunities with prospective clients to achieve revenue goals
• Develop and maintain relationships with existing key clients
• Provide a high level of customer support during pre- and post-sales support activities
• Determine the technical requirements to meet client goals
• Prepare sales proposals and technical specifications
• Regularly follow up with clients for sales opportunities
• Monitor market and competitor activity, and inform team of opportunities/risks
Qualifications / Requirements
• Local diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a related field
• Excellent knowledge in precision engineering
• Articulate, with good communication skills (oral & written)
• Continually demonstrates initiative & ability to lead
• Strong time management & organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time
• Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
• Valid Class 3 driving license (preferably with own car)
• Leading & Relating to Others: Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels.
• Shares Expertise: Applies technical expertise, and shares with others. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Uses technology to achieve work objectives optimally.
• Organizing & Executing: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals. Takes responsibility for actions and projects. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
• Communicating: Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of a discussion clearly. Makes presentations with skill and confidence. Projects credibility.
• Coping with Pressure: Works productively in a pressurized environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
• Supporting & Cooperating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others. Adapts to the team and builds rapport. Listens, consults others and communicates proactively. Follows procedures and policies. Compiles with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
• Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organization. Demonstrates financial awareness.